Badia Polesine (Badia Polesine in veneto region) is an italian town of 10.878 people in the Province of Rovigo, in the Veneto Region, it is placed on the western side of Rovigo.
It is the main point of reference for the Upper Polesine District. It is bordered by the Adige River, that devide Badia Polesine from the territory of the Padova Province. Furhtermore at Badia Polesine the province of Rovigo and Verona adjoin.
The ancient name of Badia Polesine was simply “ La Badia”, with reference to the wellknown benedictine abbey of S. Maria of the Vangadizza around which the town developped…
To know more please visit the website www.comune.badiapolesine.ro.it
Monuments and places of interest
- VANGADIZZA ABBEY (Holy Virgin of the Vangadizza) - X century.
- San Giovanni Battista Cathedral
- Church of Sant'Antonio
- Oratory f the Blessed Virgin Maria della Salute
- Church Sant'Antonino (Salvaterra)
- Church San Sebastiano Crocetta
- Church San Giorgio martire (Villafora)
- Church of Santa Maria della Mercede (Colombano)
- Church of San Costanzo (Villa d'Adige)
- Estensi Palace.
- Turchetti House, house in liberty style it has been built in the 1905 and it is now the headquarter of the INPS office.
- Covered Market, inVenetian-Gothic Style, it has been build at beginning of the 20th Century.
- Rossi Palace, it has been built in the XVIII century; inside the palace it is very valuable its soft stone staircase , the very elegant and original stucco decoration. The roof painting are painted by the venetian painter Giovanni Biasin.
- Rosini House,built in the XVI Century.
- Bassi House, built in the XVII Century.
- Picinali House, built at the end of the XIX Century.
- Finzi House, built at the end of the XIX Century.
- Domenico Caenazzo Institute.
- Gulinelli House,built at the end of the XVI Century.
- Pellegrini House, Salvaterra.
- City Hall and Clock Tower, re-built in the XVII Century.
Parks and Gardens
- "Bruno Munari" Park;
- Vangadizza Garden(Parco Ferracini);
- Abate Garden;
B. Munari park and Vangadizza Abbey
- Foro Boario Gardens dedicated to the Value of the Franch Revolution;
- Adige banks picnic area;
- Oasi Valle della Buora
SOCIAL THEATRE UGENIO BALZAN (LA PICCOLA FENICE)
It has been built in the 1812 following the will of Bartolomeo Dente and a recent research has discovered an official act dated 17th December 1812 in which it is reported that the project of the theatre was made by the Architect Sante Baseggio (1749-1822) from Rovigo.
To know more please visit the website: www.teatrobalzan.it